Scheduling site backups with Akeeba Backup Pro
Follow the steps below to schedule and monitor your WordPress backups with Akeeba Backup Pro.
- Ensure that you have installed and activated Akeeba Backup Pro in the WordPress admin area (see configuration details).
- Log in to your account at Watchful and view your dashboard. Find the WordPress site you want to edit click and click the site name to open the
drawerand reveal the
Tools and Insightsarea.
- In the
Toolsarea, click the
Editbutton corresponding to the site you configured above for remote backups. This opens the
- In the Backup area, select Akeeba Backup Pro from the plugin dropdown selector as shown below:
- Enter the Akeeba Backup secret word from when you configured the plugin on your remote site (see details) and click the
Savebutton. After saving, Select the desired Akeeba Backup Pro
Profilefrom the drop-down list.
- Configure the
Task schedulerfor daily, weekly or monthly backups. If you choose a weekly schedule, you can select specific days to backup.
- Specify a backup
Time. The best time to backup is typically the time of day your site has the lowest traffic.
- Complete the process by selecting the
Save & Closebutton at the bottom of the
Site Editdialog. This returns you to the open drawer for the site.
- In the tools section, test the remote backup process by selecting the Start Backup button (shown in blue in the screenshot below) in the site drawer.
Search Knowledge base
- Add a Joomla website to Watchful
- Add a website to Watchful
- Add a WordPress website to Watchful
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Auto Update Scheduler
- How to use the Auto Updater
- Managing your auto-updating softwares
- Three ways to backup your website with Watchful