What updates are supported by Watchful?
Watchful updates fall into three categories: core file, free plugins, and premium/commerical add-ons.
Core CMS files
Watchful's updater supports all core releases by WordPress (version 3.7 and later) and Joomla, including Joomla's Extended Long Term Security updates.
Watchful can update:
- WordPress plugins — any free plugin in the WordPress plugin respository.
- Joomla extensions — any component, module, plugin, language, or framework in the Joomla Extension Directory that support the core Joomla Updater feature.
Premium Plugins & Commercial Extensions
The videos below demonstrates how free and paid updates are applied:
Search Knowledge base
- Add a Joomla website to Watchful
- Add a website to Watchful
- Add a WordPress website to Watchful
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Auto Update Scheduler
- How to use the Auto Updater
- Managing your auto-updating softwares
- Three ways to backup your website with Watchful